Thursday, December 24, 2009

Explore the monumental heritage of India


Explore the monumental heritage of India, It became quite clear to me that Indian architecture is a rich mix of various architectural styles. What I could make out was that it was due to the influence of various regions and dynasties

In fact, India is surrounded with the remains of ages of bygone era and endorse many world famous monuments like the Taj and Qutab Minar, cloaked in obscurity, off the tourist circuit, waiting to be 'discovered', but architectural gems nevertheless.


As I explored, several facts came out and things became more clearer. I found that Islamic style of architecture concentrated only on monuments and Hindu being more religious. The most enduring achievements of Indian civilization is undoubtedly its architecture, which extends to a great deal more than the Taj Mahal or the temple complexes of Khajuraho and Vijayanagara.


Personally, I feel that architecture of India, is indeed, of the creativity of the unsung artisans who dedicated their lives to bring to life such marvelous pieces of magnificent beauty. India boasts of a myriad of architectural delights such as the majestic Taj Mahal, the temples of Southern India, the Jain temples and the Buddhist monasteries, to name a few. In fact, today I recommend everbody to pay special attention to architecture on their trip to India.

One of the travelers, Alyse, who visited Taj Mahal, have beautifully scripted thearchitecture of the Taj Mahal in his travelog. Another explorer who visited Golden temple have narrated the beauty of the Golden temple architecture.


Even I covered few of the Indian temples on my voyage. They all were marveously built, in fact, I have written my experiences and thoughts about them. All the temples that I explored were beautifully built. I have some very vivid memories about them.

And Lot more ....... stay connected ......!!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails